Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is a hodgepodge blog with personal and academic leanings. Isn't It Interesting? will likely focus generally on American (and some global) popular culture, but I also imagine the blog exploring a variety of different subjects including the following: graduate student life, teaching, critical and cultural theory, Bellingham, WA, the intelligentsia, politics, and food.
Your latest article? On the Bromance in Hollywood cinema? I heart Wordle! I am so excited to read your paper when it is published. You are my hero.
ReplyDeleteI'm just happy to see how big ekphrastic is, all things considered.
ReplyDeleteThat's beautiful...just beautiful. I can see those hours of revision :)
ReplyDelete@pocha, that is still to be written. i really need to get on it. And btw, you are the hero.
ReplyDelete@Chas, I am all about ekphrasis. The best part about my research was reading the intro to this guy's dissertation where he talks about how the TV show Night Gallery is one of the clearest, purest examples of ekphrasis. It is wonderful. I am also chairing the panel on "Mapping Ekphrasis" at that conference in Houston. so fun.
@Chelsea, aren't they obvious? ;-)